In the event of a death, we at Duensing Law can assist with all legal aspects of the administration and distribution of an estate. Being an executor, administrator or trustee of an estate or trust is a large responsibility, which many people find themselves unprepared for and/or need assistance with. If you’ve been left to administer an estate and have questions, call Duensing Law to learn:
Probate and Estate Administration
Toronto Probate and Estate Administration Lawyer
- your legal responsibilities as an executor, including overseeing the disposition of property and assets according to the deceased person’s wishes as outlined in the will, paying off debts and more;
- The difference between formal and informal probate (the process of determining the validity of the will);
- How wills are treated in the eyes of the law;
- Formal requirements and limitations on wills;
- Which debt you are responsible for paying off with the estate funds (i.e, credit card debt).
Probate Administration Attorney, Toronto
Perhaps equally important, death and estate administration can be a time of heightened emotion for families. Amidst this heightened emotion, Duensing Law will provide practical, sound counsel on how to administer the estate as quickly and tactfully as possible, so nothing requires revisiting.
Before my mother died, she had her will drawn up by a high end law firm and named me Power of Attorney. After she died, I got sick and tired of trying to navigate this high end law firm’s voicemail system to figure out next steps. I found Duensing Law through Google and was shocked when Matthias actually answered the phone live. Matthias is professional and responsive. He consistently stays in touch to let me know exactly what is happening and when I send him an email, he gets back right away. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Matthias – he’s fast, professional, respectful and gets the job done right.”
-R. M., Toronto