Did you know November is Make a Will Month? The Ontario Bar Association, of which our firm is a member, has teamed up with the Alzheimer Society and Heart and Stroke Foundation to bring to light the importance of having a will that specifically expresses your wishes.
You’ve spent a good part of your life building your assets and now you have an opportunity to precisely and accurately make sure your assets are distributed as YOU want.
With a Will…
• Your family will not have to guess what your final wishes were;
• You can control the age at which your children receive their inheritance;
• You can express your wishes for custody of your children;
• Your family will have greater certainty and a smoother transition during a difficult time;
• Your executor will have the authority to make funeral arrangements, handle business and communicate with your banks and financial institutions immediately after your death.
Please take a few moments to reflect on these points. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a meeting, please contact our office at (416) 601-4769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.